Are Nitrile Gloves Anti-Static?
Workers wear Personal Protective Equipment(PPE) and gloves to protect themselves from contamination and also minimize the risk of injuries. There are some situations where gloves can build-up static electricity and could become a hazard for both workers and equipment. Sensitive electronic equipment can also be damaged due to static electricity. There is a need for anti-static gloves and protective equipment that can be used for the safety of workers.
Electrostatic Discharge(ESD) Gloves
An ESD glove’s ultimate goal is to minimize the static electricity while doing a particular work like working with sensitive electronic items or working on the gas line. Anti-static gloves are also manufactured based on the work, and there are separate gloves for handling and assembling works. Handling gloves give the operator’s hand and assembled gloves to protect from contamination and bacteria.
Anti-static gloves are mandatory for all workers in a laboratory, cleaning room, electronic works, and biotechnology works in a particular situation.
Materials Used for ESD Gloves Manufacturing.
ESD gloves come in different forms and are made from various materials. The durability and safety of gloves depend upon the material used for gloves. Here are some materials used
- Latex: The most used and cheap material for glove manufacturing. Even though latex gloves are safe, they cannot be used by workers having latex allergies.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is the perfect option for people having latex allergies. The gloves are durable and puncture-resistant.
- Fabric Gloves: These gloves are economical and can be reused after washing
- Nitrile: Nitrile gloves are extremely puncture resistant, anti-static, and are durable. Nitrile is a form of latex gloves and can be used by people having latex allergies.
It is essential to choose gloves based on the chemicals or environment you are working in.
Benefits Of Using ESD Nitrile Gloves
Nitrile gloves are anti-static and are preferred by most workers to be safe. Here are the other Benefits of Anti-static Nitrile gloves
- Nitrile gloves are latex-free and suitable for all people.
- Nitrile is super tough, puncture-resistant, and resistant to chemicals.
- More elastic than vinyl and latex
- Are comfortable to wear and remove
For better results, look for powder-free nitrile gloves for superior protection.
Where To Buy Anti-static Nitrile Gloves?
Nitrile gloves are anti-static and provide the best protection against chemical and bacterial contamination. You should be careful while choosing anti-static gloves for your protection. Protect Safety Supply is the supplier of superior quality Nitrile gloves, which provide the ultimate protection against chemicals. Contact us for a free quote.