Blog

Do You Need to Wear A Mask If You Are Vaccinated

Do You Need to Wear A Mask If You Are Vaccinated?

Posted on : 02/19/22 Posted by :

The vaccine provides another level of protection from Coronavirus. Many people are getting vaccinated, so many wonder how life would be after vaccination. Will it return to normal conditions or do more precautions have to be taken? Even though the vaccination process continues, more people are still getting infected by Covid-19, so it is better to maintain the Covid rules like wearing masks and maintaining social distance. The government authorities say that fully vaccinated people can move freely and gather indoors without masks but wear masks in public gatherings. Read on to know if you need to wear a mask even if you are vaccinated?

Experts Advice On Wearing Mask After Getting Vaccinated

Despite the message given by Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that there is no need for vaccinated people to no longer wear masks, people are still wearing them. The recent increase in cases has made people wear masks, and health officials advise that people wear masks in public gatherings. Here are some of the advice given by experts

1. Know About Your Community Happenings

One thing is absolutely clear that vaccines have effectively prevented illness caused by Coronavirus and proven strong against other emerging variants. Even though you are vaccinated, observing your local community and weather conditions is advised. Community transmissions are taking place even in people who are fully vaccinated. If you are a resident of an area where virus transmission is higher, and the vaccination process is low, you need to take precautions by wearing a mask.

2. Consider Your Risk Tolerance

In addition to looking around your community, it is also suggested to know about your risk tolerance and the level with which you are comfortable. Experts compare vaccines with a thick layer of cheese with small holes. Even if the layer is thick, some holes might be responsible for the transmission of the virus. The risk of vaccinated people getting infected by Covid is very low but not zero. So there are still opportunities that you are infected, and if you wish to be extra cautious, wear a mask and maintain social distance.

Reasons For You Need To Still Wear Mask After Getting Vaccinated

1. Vaccine Takes Time To Kick-Off

After the first dose, you get partial immunity, and you won’t reach 95% effectiveness until two weeks after getting fully vaccinated.

2. Vaccine Does Not Provide 100% Protection

Although all the vaccines are effective, they offer only 94 to 95% protection. The other 5% of people will risk being infected by Covid even after getting vaccinated.

3. Vaccinated People Might Be Asymptomatic Spreaders

Vaccination prevents illness, but more research is needed to determine if the vaccine can prevent the actual transmission of the virus. Experts say that vaccinated people can be the potential transmitters of the virus because they can be infected with the virus without symptoms. Getting vaccinated means you’re much less likely to get sick and develop symptoms yourself, so we must protect others by wearing masks.

4. Protecting Those Who Need Booster

Adults aged 65 with underlying medical conditions have been instructed to take the booster dose to get more protection.

When To Wear Mask Indoors and Outdoors?

While most vaccinated people start to take off their masks outside, some are still wearing them indoors. One should consider the transmission of Covid in the community before considering leaving masks. Remember, people can transmit the virus even after getting vaccinated, so it is safe to wear a mask even after getting vaccinated.

Conclusion

In the present, there is controversy on whether you need to wear a mask if you are vaccinated and continue to maintain social distance. Regardless of your vaccination status, the WHO recommends wearing your mask to limit the transmission of the virus. For keeping yourself protected, you need to wear a mask that can prevent the droplets from entering your nose and mouth. Protech Safety Supply is the supplier of masks and gloves all over Canada. Contact us for more details.

Sher this post :

Leave a Comment

Subscribe

Sign up to get the latest on salex, new relaese and more

Recent Articles

The Covid Pandemic

With over millions of cases around the world it takes our collective efforts to protect us against this Virus to take actions to manage this global pandemic.

Get More Info