How To Choose The Best Nitrile Gloves For Your Application?
Nitrile gloves are among the best disposable gloves used in various industries and are also growing their popularity. The puncture-resistant property has made these gloves used in the foodservice, automobile, and medical industries. Latex gloves are not used in most industries due to the allergic reactions given to the hands of the employer. Nitrile gloves are made of synthetic rubber and eliminate the risk of allergy. Read on to know how to choose the best Nitrile gloves based on your industry and application.
Choice Of Glove Based On Grades
At Protech Safety Supply, we have a wide range of Nitrile gloves available to suit your preference or need. The various grades in gloves can be
- Food Grade Gloves: These gloves are designed especially for prolonged usage and are approved for food preparation and handling.
- Industry Grade Gloves: These gloves are designed to withstand harsh conditions and chemicals in industries.
- Medical Or Exam Grade Gloves: These gloves are approved to be used in hospitals or laboratories and for only non-surgical procedures. Medical gloves undergo rigorous tests and protect the person from contaminations or bodily fluids.
- Surgical Grade Gloves: These gloves are intended to be used in surgical procedures where the doctor faces the risk of facing bloodborne pathogens.
Choosing Nitrile Glove For Applications
Before purchasing any glove, it is essential to check if it is suitable for the application intended to be used. One should choose Nitrile gloves based on the industry, application, and also, there are some other points to be checked out before using the glove.
1. Size And Color Of Nitrile Glove
Nitrile gloves come in various sizes, and most customers underestimate the importance of a well-fitted glove. The performance of any worker can be enhanced by having the correct glove size, and it also helps in providing ample flexibility while working.
There are also many colors available in Nitrile gloves, but blue is the most used one. Blue gloves are standard in the medical industry, while black gloves are used in the Automotive industry.
2. Thickness Of Nitrile Glove
Nitrile gloves come in a wide range of thicknesses, and the industry glove thickness range from six to eight millimeters. Added extra thickness to the glove gives extra protection from harmful chemicals and environmental hazards. Another advantage of Nitrile gloves is they are extremely resistant to punctures and tears.
3. Texture Of Glove
If you are working in wet conditions, then your glove must provide a superior grip. Nitrile gloves have special and added palm and finger to enhance your grip while working in wet conditions.
4. Powdered Or Non-Powdered Glove
Powdered or Non-powdered gloves are the most common options for Nitrile gloves. Powdered nitrile gloves can be helpful because they absorb extra moisture, which can help put the gloves on quickly. Powder-free nitrile gloves are chlorinated, so you don’t have to worry about powder.
Where To Buy Nitrile Gloves For Applications?
Nitrile gloves offer superior protection from harsh chemicals and other environmental hazards. It is essential to choose the right Nitrile glove based on your application in various industries. Protech Safety Supply is the supplier of the best quality Nitrile gloves all over Canada and the USA. Contact us for more information.